Berber Leather Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is
Berber Leather Limited
1 The Avenue
Company Registration Number: 09680547
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.berberleather.com
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information you post to our site in the form of comments.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. (For example signing up to our Mailing List)
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Disclosure Of Your Information
- We may disclose personal information to relevant employees of the company as is reasonably necessary to complete actions/obligations involving you and us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If the company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We do not pass any of your data onto third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks etc. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Policy last updated 17/02/17